Worthing College Women's Rugby
With 12 hours of training per week and dedicated and well-qualified coaching staff, Worthing College Women's Rugby Academy play sets the highest standard.
Study and Play Rugby at the highest standard.
The female rugby academy at Worthing College is regarded as one of the top 5 rugby academies in the UK.
These are just some of the reasons to choose us:
- 3 AoC National Titles
- Best in the South East of England
- Twenty players have been involved in National programmes in the last five years.
Students benefit from 12 hours of training each week, including strength and conditioning sessions in the Sussex Performance Centre.
The squads compete most weeks and take part in the following competitions:
- AASE league 15 a side - 4 Competitions till Feb
- Holland Trip - tournament v Holland v Germany V Belgium
- Development League
- AoC SE 7s regional qualifiers
- AoC National 7s Women's Cup
- AoC National 7s National Championships
- Rosslyn Park 7s
- Sussex Schools 7s
- Italy Trip v NE Region
Harlequins Women partners with Chichester College Group.
Harlequins Rugby Union Women partner with the Chichester College Group. Our partnership provides academic courses and an elite rugby programme from our Worthing College campus.
The Harlequins Worthing College Rugby Academy provides a unique playing and educational experience to support students throughout their journey. Expertise and support from Harlequins benefit players at Worthing in every aspect of their game. Players can access expert coaching, S&C, medical, nutrition and education/lifestyle support throughout the programme.
The partnership aims to establish Harlequins Worthing College Rugby Academy as the UK's leading women’s college rugby programme.
Notable Past Athletes:
- Francessa Granzotto – Italy, Hove
- Linneke Gevers, Holland, Harlequins Women.
- Martina Giampaglia, Italy U18s, Harlequins Women.
- Sofia Rolfi – Italy, Wasps Women
- Sara Seye, Italy, Wasps Women
- Viola Maffia, Italy U18s, Worthing
Case study: Sara Seye called up for the Italian National Squad
Italian women's rugby player Sara Sere studied the BTEC in sport at Worthing College from 2017-2018 and participated in the Worthing Women's Rugby Academy.
While at Worthing, Sara also played for Hove Rugby Club for Sussex RFU. In 2021, Sara was selected to represent Italy in the Women's Six Nations.