Summer School UK at Chichester College
Every summer, students worldwide join us in Chichester for up to seven weeks of English study, fun, activities and social events. Sign up now for our 2023 programme.
We aim to help students transition into becoming genuinely global citizens while learning English in a fun and supportive environment.
Chichester College’s Summer School is set in the historic City of Chichester, with local attractions and the nearby scenic South Coast of England. Our Summer School offers the chance for students to explore England safely during the UK summer season. We have also developed a diverse and exciting programme of activities for all students to enjoy while studying with us.
Our Summer School can offer students a range of EFL and weekly “plus” programmes. This Summer School programme could be ideal for those who would like a taste of what Chichester College can offer to full-time students.
We aim to help students transition into truly global citizens and prepare for the next stage in their educational journey. Learn English in a fun and supportive environment while building your confidence, making friends and learning independence. Our summer programme provides study options and the ideal transition to UK Universities.
What we can offer
- Courses available at Levels A1-C2*.
- Available for students aged 16 or older.
- The minimum stay is two weeks.
- Residential and Homestay Accommodation options.
*Note: Students must complete the Oxford placement test before arrival. Please get in touch if you have any questions about the placement test.
Example of our Summer School 2023 Activity Timetable
|Week (Arrive Saturday Before)||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday
|Week 1: 26th June - 2nd July||Tour of Chichester & Fish and Chips||Rounders (Sport)||Fishbourne Roman Palace||Table Tenni (Sports)||Harry Potter Film Night
||Arundel Castle and Boating*
|Week 2: 3rd July - 9th July
||Novium Museum||Basketball (Sport)||Brighton Trip*||Archery (Sports)|| Silent Disco
||London Walking Tour*
|Week 3: 10th July - 16th July||Tour of Chichester & Picnic||Mini-Olympics (Sport)||Water Sports*
||Football or Volleyball (Sports)||Karaoke and Open Mic Night
||Oxford City (Ashmolean and Harry Potter Tour)*
|Week 4: 17th July - 23rd July
||BBQ at the College||Rock Climbing (Sport)|| West Wittering Beach*
||Football or Volleyball (Sports)|| Darts Competition
||London (Museums & Sights)*
|Week 5: 24th July - 30th July
||Tour of Chichester & Fish and Chips||Rounders (Sport)||Arundel Castle*
||Tennis (Sports)|| Live Music and Open Mic Night
||Harry Potter Studios Tour*
|Week 6: 31st July - 6th August||CCG Bake-Off (Baking)||Basketball/Dodgeball (Sport)||Portsmouth, Gunwharf Quay Shopping*
||Rock Climbing (Sports)||Games & Pizza Night
|Week 7: 7th August - 13th August||BBQ at the College||Baseball (Sport)||Winchester City*
||Netball (Sports)||Social Evening (Pool, Darts, Karaoke)
||Portsmouth (Museum & Shopping)*|
- Trips marked with an asterisk will incur an extra cost to attend. Please enquire when booking. We will grant full refunds in the event of change or cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances. We reserve the right to change activities for occurrences of a similar nature. Please check back here for updates to the calendar.
Book Trips and Events now
Click below to download our Summer School Programme
In the heart of the Historic City of Chichester, South England
Our summer study camp is in the historic city of Chichester on the South Coast of England. We are lucky to be surrounded by beautiful countryside and coastline with quick and easy access to airports and London. Chichester is a historic cathedral city encircled by Roman walls and set in the beautiful county of West Sussex. With a lively student community from the local University, theatres, and nearby coastal attractions, Chichester has much to offer!
Shopping in the city
Make Friends for life
Who is Summer School suitable for?
If you are 16 years or older and want to invest in your personal development while learning independence, we would love to hear from you! Join us, knowing that our dedicated on-site team is here to ensure your stay with us is enjoyable.
Accommodation during our Summer School
- Woodlands Hall: Stay in our halls with full-board accommodation for those aged 16-17.
- Westgate Halls: For those 18 years and older, choose self-catering or half-board and then eat in our dining halls.
- Homestay: If you want to experience our Summer School whilst staying within the local community, please opt for homestay accommodation.
All our accommodation options are safe, secure and comfortable. College staff carefully monitored and supported on-site accommodation and regularly inspected by external bodies to ensure the highest standards.
Summer School Academic Options:
General English + Media:
Upgrade your Summer School experience and participate in the + Media programme with your General English studies.
Develop an understanding of Media studies and production through various lessons and workshops on video editing, interview techniques, vlogging and more! Enjoy creative media classes from 1:30-3:00 PM, including trips mid-week.
- Introduction to Mockumentaries.
- Understanding interview techniques.
- Develop skills in video editing.
- Produce your very own mockumentary, perfect for aspiring vloggers.
- Learn how to use a camera and audio equipment.
General English + Sport:
Get active at our Summer School and participate in the + Sports programme along with your General English studies.
- Football: Master the finer details of the beautiful game. Our football sessions will provide an opportunity to play, learn about the finer points of strategy and help get you fighting fit whilst having fun.
- Hockey: Hockey improves balance and coordination, enhances mental strength and boosts speed and endurance. Being a team-based sport will help build your communication skills too.
- Climbing Wall: Try your hand at climbing on our rock-climbing wall. With its various routes and overhangs ranging from F3-7, our 8-metre climbing wall offers over 60 different climbing routes. Don’t worry if you are a novice; our expert guides will help your ascent and keep you safe.
- Fitness Sessions: Perfect for anyone who wants to keep in shape and ideal for those of you considering a career as a fitness instructor or personal trainer. Counteract lockdown laziness with our workouts designed to get you back into peak physical form.
- Team Building: Sports are about so much more than fitness and stamina. These sessions introduce you to positive psychology, mindset and practical leadership skills. Perfect for aspiring coaches, team players and team captains.
How will students benefit?
- Learn about British Culture within the UK.
- Get a taste of independent living in a safe and supportive environment.
- See if a more extended study period in the UK is for you.
- A great stepping-stone onto College or University life.
- Improve your English Skills. There is a packed schedule of social events and trips to famous British landmarks and places of interest. Use these trips and social events to improve your English with general conversations and interactions.
A taste of activities on Offer:
- Chi Bake Off: You might have seen the popular TV show called British Bake-off. You might not know that Chichester College has a well-respected hospitality training team. If you’ve got a sweet tooth and a healthy appetite, this is your chance to try improving your serious baking- skills, which might come in handy should you choose to study and stay with us long-term.
- Football: Experience football in the country where this excellent game first started. Test your skills against international players from our global community.
- Karaoke & Open Mic Night: Own the stage and embrace your inner performer at our karaoke and open mic nights! Dance and sing the night away with your new friends.
- Volleyball: Join us on Thursdays for Volleyball; no experience is required! Whatever your fitness level, this is sure to get you sweating.
- Silent Disco: Our Silent Disco offers a choice of 3 different music channels. We’ll give you some luminous bling to wear, and if you need a break from dancing, you can take your headphones off and chat! Complimentary soft drinks and snacks will be available to ensure you stay hydrated.
- Quiz Nights: Team up with your friends for a chance to win our Quiz Night prizes! From general knowledge to themed film quizzes, gather your friends for an entertaining, fun evening.
- Games & Pizza Night: Join us for the perfect mix of social interaction! Get to know fellow students worldwide whilst playing games and tucking onto some tasty pizza.
- Watersports: Want to try paddleboarding or kayaking? Chichester offers a choice of inland waterways and a stunning coastline. You don’t need to be experienced in watersports to participate, and our experienced tutors will help you and keep you safe.
Typical Trips Available:
Choose from a range of day trips, such as:
Please get in touch!
If you want to participate in our Summer School for 2023, please get in touch with our team! We will be happy to help and provide up-to-date information.