Enquire about becoming a host provider
Thank you for your interest in becoming a host provider for our international students. This is an opportunity to provide a valuable service for your community whilst earning income from a spare bedroom that you might have. We are looking for half board host providers, (bed, breakfast and evening meal, 7 days a week and light lunch added at weekends and bank holidays) for any students 16 – 60yrs old.
The role of the Host Provider is to offer a homely environment for an International student to experience the British way of living. Time spent with them and chatting over meals helps them to learn the language.
- A completed DBS (police check) for anyone living in the house who is 18+. These forms are given at the initial visit and have to be sent off and processed which can take up to 6 weeks. The cost per application is £44.
- A current gas safety check needs to be provided
- Suitable dining area where you all sit down to eat dinner with the student.
- Online modules for safeguarding, Prevent and e-safety to be completed.
- Unlimited internet offered at no extra cost.
- Name, address and contact number of two friends or colleagues to write to them for a character reference.
- The accommodation needs to be in good decorative order, clean carpet etc and is subject to an inspection. This is very important, as your accommodation needs to reach a certain standard to be accepted by the college.
We'd recommend reading the Host provider guide before beginning your application.